Education & Growth
We collaborate with a variety of organizations to promote financial literacy. We also put on a number of public workshops and seminars to educate consumers on financial topics and foster responsible management of their wealth.
THE FINANCIAL AWARENESS FOUNDATION
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to significantly improving financial awareness and literacy.
- Social Security Explained
- Medicare Basics: Understanding Enrollment
- Retirement Income Planning
- IRA and 401(k) Seminar: 6 Simple Steps to Gain More Confidence in Your Retirement
- Introduction to Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Taxation Basics
- Introduction to Financial Products and Taxation
- Insurance Planning and Risk Management
- Estate Planning (with an attorney or in panel format)
- College Planning
- Trumbull Library
- Fairfield Library
- Shelton Library
- Stratford Library
- Milford Library
- Stratford Library
- Darien Library
- Stamford Library
- Monroe Library
- New Haven Public Library
- West Haven Library
- East Haven Library
- Case Memorial Library (Orange)
- Woodbridge Library
- Glastonbury (Wells Turner) Library
- Milford Senior Center
- Sterling House Community Center
The Financial Education & Growth of Our Clients
In Taekwondo, students receive different color belts as they progress spiritually and become more proficient. We liken this system to the education of our clients about how to approach retirement and its many common pitfalls.
Symbolizes innocence and ignorance.
YELLOW: Learning to create a foundation.
Yellow represents the ground or earth in which the seed of knowledge has been planted and will grow.
GREEN: Experience and growth.
The color green represents the plant as it sprouts and begins to grow.
The color blue represents the sky toward which the plant reaches as it matures into a tree.
The color red signifies danger, warning others to stay away and remind the student to practice self-control.
BLACK: The opposite of white.
It is the level of training where all colors merge into one. A black belt signifies proficiency and maturity in knowledge and skill.